As seasons change, we often start to think about home and yard improvement projects that will enhance our living space. One of the ways to make life easier, stress-free and increase your property value is by installing a security system that fits your lifestyle.
Would a security system be the right choice for you? Secur-Tek, Inc, installs many security systems around North Carolina’s Triangle area — here are eight of the most often cited reasons customers call us to install a security system.
1) Protect your family and Property: The FBI states that 1 in 3 homes without a security system will fall victim to a burglary. Homes with a security system have much better odds — 1 in 250. This is an average and depends on where you live, but all homes are vulnerable to possible intrusion, especially when the homeowner is away.
2) Fire Protection: Fire protection may be the most important reason to have a security system and have it monitored. On average, a home fire is reported every twenty seconds in the US. A home security system can provide an early warning system for smoke, providing advanced notice that can prevent property damage and even more importantly, save a life.
3) Detect Gas Accumulation or Leaks: Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless toxic gas that is found in combustion fumes. This gas is released from everyday appliances like heating systems, stoves, burning wood, and other things. Since we can’t smell carbon monoxide, our families and pets may be affected without knowing it.
A home security system can be equipped with a carbon monoxide detector that detects high amounts of carbon monoxide in the home and alerts homeowners so that they can get out quickly and seek medical treatment for the possible side effects of this poisoning gas before it’s too late.
4) Home Monitoring 24/7: One of the biggest benefits of having a security system is that your home can be monitored by security professionals at all times. They can track any significant events that occur at the home and quickly dispatch emergency personnel. For homeowners that have aging parents living with them or parents that live alone, adding medication reminders, activity tracking, emergency pulls, or medical alert systems to the security system can be a lifesaver. These signals can be set to dispatch emergency vehicles directly to the home, saving time in critical conditions.
5) Peace of Mind: When traveling, or just away at work, you may worry about what’s happening at your home with your family or pets. A home equipped with surveillance cameras provides homeowners with the ability to check-in and monitor what’s happening, no matter where you are.
6) Enhance your convenience and comfort: Home automation services can also be installed with your security system. These conveniences include light controls, door locks, garage door controls, thermostats, and more, providing an additional level of comfort to your environment and security.
7) Home Energy Conservation: A home security system can be used to monitor your home’s energy use. Have you ever left home and realized you didn’t turn off lights or turn down the heater or the air conditioner? These are expensive home appliances to run; you can save money by turning them on/off automatically or remotely.
8) More Potential Economic Gains: Homeowner’s insurance is designed to cover losses or damages that may occur as a result of several types of devastating events. This insurance can cost hundreds, sometimes even thousands of dollars a year. Therefore, it is important to understand what discounts and cost savings can be applied when installing a security system in your home and on your property. In addition, a security system is an investment that can add value to your property. These savings can often offset the cost of protecting your home, property, family, and pets through security system installation and monitoring.
Secur-Tek, Inc. installs and services security systems customized to fit our customers’ needs. Please call us at 919.387.1800 to find out more and schedule a complimentary consultation.
Secur-Tek is locally owned and operated in Apex, NC, offering home and business security, monitoring, automation, audio, and central vacuum systems. Our service area includes Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Chapel Hill, Clayton, Garner, Holly Springs, Durham, Raleigh, Morrisville, and Pittsboro in North Carolina.