Whether you’re at home in the Triangle, snuggled in bed fast asleep, or away on an international trip, it’s important to know your home security system will work the way you expect.
One expectation most people have for home or business security systems is a response to the alarm — no matter what time it occurs. This 24-hour security monitoring means authorities will be notified as needed when the alarm is activated at your home or office.
How monitoring works
When an alarm is tripped, the typical system will have a siren go off for approximately five minutes. If the system is monitored and there is no emergency in progress, the alarm can be canceled by giving the monitoring station your password. If a burglar or prowler trips the alarm, they usually leave the premise quickly. In many cases, the intruder will then hide and watch to see if there is any activity in the home, or if police/people arrive. If so, they typically will leave quickly to focus their efforts on an easier target — a non-monitored home.
Monitoring isn’t just to alert the police or fire departments. Here are some other advantages of including 24-hour monitoring as part of your security system:
- True protection — Some homeowners assume a burglar alarm making a lot of noise is enough protection. In truth, like car alarms, home alarms are often ignored by people nearby, who assume it is going off by accident.
- Fire Detection — A monitored security system that includes low-voltage smoke detectors provides greater protection and quicker responses to fires.
- Other Home Issues– While not as urgent as a fire or break-in, a gas leak can cause serious problems in your home. Our systems can be set up to monitor carbon dioxide. Special sensors can be added as needed – for example, to let you know your freezer is no longer on or indicate a power outage.
- Assistance— Monitoring systems can also be set up to notify people that you need assistance in case of a fall or other personal accident.
- Peace of Mind— Monitoring means someone is always alerted or spurred into action when emergencies happen in your home or business. Many security system clients say knowing someone is there offers peace of mind, making it easier to sleep at home and while away.
Five Star Monitoring
Secur-Tek works with Affiliated Central to monitor your home or business. The team at Affiliated Central is CSAA Five Diamond Certified and uses the most up-to-date technologies.
While most security companies offer 24-hour monitoring, some companies may consider it an add-on feature or require long-term contracts. When considering a security company to keep your home or business safe, be sure to read your contract carefully to confirm you are receiving the service you deserve.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your security system needs, please don’t hesitate to call us at 919.387.1800 or by filling out the form below.