Home Security that Fits Your Needs
Secur-Tek. Inc. sells, installs, and services residential security systems customized to fit the size of your home and the level of protection desired.
- Install a new security system
- Upgrade and add features to an existing system
- Provide award-winning monitoring and service
Secur-Tek offers a complimentary home consultation where we will answer your questions and design a security system that fits your needs.
Just call our office at 919-387-1800 or fill out the form below to schedule an appointment.
Cameras and Remote Monitoring
Honeywell Total Connect Security Systems provide secure, cost-effective remote security and video for residential applications.
Our team can place cameras in strategic locations and connect remote access to receive real-time alerts and view activity in the interior or exterior of your home through your mobile phone, tablet, PC or your TV.
Gas, Smoke and Specialized Detectors
Gas and smoke detectors can also be linked to your security system to maximize the protection for your family. In addition to sounding an alert inside your home, a monitored system can notify authorities – so your home is protected even when you are away.
Specialized monitoring systems can also be designed to fit specific needs.
- Monitoring Children – If you have teenagers or children old enough to be home alone, remote access will allow you to be notified when they get home from school. You can use specialized security codes for each child as well as babysitters and view activity in the interior and exterior of your home for extra peace of mind.
- Monitoring Elderly Parents – If you need to monitor an elderly parent, you can be notified when they get up out of bed, open the medicine cabinet or when there is no activity in the home for a period of time.
- Keeping an eye on Pets – Our technicians will put the cameras in places so you can check in on your pets. Temporary security codes for pet sitters will help give you greater peace of mind that your pet is doing okay.
- Detecting Water Leaks – When you are not home, even a slow leak can cause serious flooding and expensive damage. Adding a water leak detector so you’ll be alerted if this happens can minimize the damage. Our monitored smart system can even turn off a water shutoff to minimize damage.
If you have questions about systems design for specific needs, please contact us or call 919-387-1800 to speak with a consultant.
Secur-Tek, Inc. recommends wired security systems for maximum peace of mind, as wired systems provide a more reliable connection and eliminate future service calls for wireless battery replacements, resulting in future cost savings.
There are places where wiring is not feasible, and Secur-Tek offers wireless security systems that work well in:
- Homes built with slab foundations
When looking into wireless security systems an important factor to compare is the amount of encryption. Inexpensive, DIY systems are vulnerable to hacking.
The Lyric System by Honeywell offers 128-bit encryption. With Lyric you can control security, thermostats, cameras, lights or locks with a tap on the touchscreen or the sound of your voice.
You and your family can enjoy peace of mind 24 hours a day, seven days a week by having Lyric monitored by a central station.
Most insurance companies will offer an additional discount for monitored systems in your home. So if you have a new or existing home, condo or apartment, call Secur-Tek for a custom home security system designed to increase your peace of mind.
Email us or call 919-387-1800 to speak with a consultant to have a system designed specifically for your needs.